Galena Park ISD is required by state statute to remit to the State of Texas all unclaimed property that has a value greater than $100. The report is filed annually as of November 1 for balances as of the prior June 30. Items valued at $100 or less are retained by the district and available for reclaim under the following procedures.
The type of property determines the length of the abandonment period. The most common types of property issued by the district that may be considered abandoned are payroll checks (1 year) and accounts payable checks (3 years).
There are specific procedures that must be completed to ensure the funds are delivered to the appropriate owner.
Unclaimed Property Listing
Please use the link below to search the list to find if you or your business may be owed funds by the district.
- Unclaimed Property Listing
Documentation Required for Claim
Original Owner Claim
If you are the person listed, use the Original Owner Form. Please complete, sign and mail the form with the following documentation:
- Photocopy of your driver's license or other photo identification
- Proof associating you with the last known address as shown on the listing. Photocopies of one of the following are acceptable:
- utility bill
- mortgage payment coupon,
- driver's license
- cancelled check
- pay stub.
Please return the claim form even if you are unable to provide all requested documents. In some cases we are able to determine ownership based on the information you are able to provide.
If you are an officer or other company official claiming on behalf of a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, professional association, non-profit organization, or private organization, you will file a Business Claim Form. Please complete, sign and mail the form with the following documentation:
- Proof of your authority to act on behalf of the business. Photocopies of the following are acceptable:
- corporate resolution
- signed minutes from a meeting
- franchise tax report
- income tax return
- recent annual statement
- assumed name certificate
- partnership agreement
- sales tax permit
- notarized affidavit signed by a financial officer
- Proof association the business with the last known address as shown on the listing. Photocopies of the following are acceptable:
- utility bill
- insurance policy
- front and back side of a cleared check
- account statement
- court document
- If the business was purchased or sold, attach a copy of the Buy/Sell Agreement.
- If the business experienced a name change, merger, or has an assumed name (d.b.a. or "doing business as"), attach a copy of the Change of Name Amendment or Assumed Name Certificate.
- If the business is no longer in existence, attach a copy of the Articles of Dissolution (including Attachment A) or Corporate Liquidation form filed with the IRS.
Please complete, sign and return the claim form with a copy of your identification if you are unable to provide all the requested documents. In some cases we are able to determine ownership based on the information you are able to provide.
Original Owner Form
Links to Other Unclaimed Property Websites
If you have questions regarding unclaimed funds, please contact the Accounts Payable Supervisor at (832) 386-1023.