Facebook & Social Media Commenting Guidelines
Social Media Commenting Guidelines
The purpose of the Galena Park Independent School District Social Media pages is to facilitate an ongoing dialogue on education issues and successes. We encourage your comments, ideas and concerns as they are important to ensure a broad range of community members are active and informed participants in discussions.
Galena Park ISD reserves the right to modify this practice at any time and expressly reserves the right to remove comments from its pages. Galena Park ISD retains the right to remove or not remove comments. In addition, we expect participants to treat one another, as well as our district, our employees and our students, with respect. We will remove comments if they fall into any of the following categories:
- Contain vulgar or abusive language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
- Promote services or products (non-commercial links that are relevant to the blog post or comments are acceptable)
- Are clearly “off topic,”’ or “spam”
- Make unsupported accusations
- Reference employees or students by name
Objectionable content will be deleted and not edited, so please ensure your comments contain none of the above.
To protect your own privacy, and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as a Social Security number, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comments.
Questions you post for Galena Park ISD may not always be answered on the social media page. If you have a question, please contact us at 832-386-1063 or via email at email@example.com.